Public safety

Nov. 6: Oakland County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the 1000 block of S. Lapeer Rd. at 2:22 a.m., where the security alarm of a vacant business had allegedly been triggered. Upon arrival, deputies observed that a rock had allegedly been thrown through a window located on the north side of the building, shattering the glass. The business appeared to be vacant with few items inside, according to the report. The building’s owner told deputies that nothing of value had been left inside the building. It is unknown whether or not any items had been taken from the building.

Nov. 6: Oakland County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the 1000 block of S. Lapeer Rd. at 12:42 a.m. after a motion alarm had allegedly been triggered. Deputies noted upon arrival that a window located on the building’s south side had allegedly been broken out. It was also noted in the report that the window frame appeared to have been pryed away from the building and appeared to be bent. A drawer appeared to have been removed from a cash register located inside the building. The building owner told deputies the cash register had contained approximately $7 in quarters. Upon checking the register, deputies found there was only one quarter left in the drawer. Evidence was collected from the scene and sent in for testing.

Nov. 3: A 32-year-old Oxford Twp. man called Oakland County Sheriff’s deputies at 2:19 p.m. to turn over a gray mountain bicycle which had been located across the street from his home located in the 2000 block of Metamora Rd. The man had found the bike on October 31 at 1 p.m. The bike was taken to the substation and a report was filed.

Nov. 1: Oakland County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the 100 block of Hosner Dr. at 9:43 a.m., where a 24-year-old Oxford Twp. woman said her 24-year-old boyfriend had allegedly assaulted her the previous night. According to the woman, her boyfriend came to her house the night before despite her requesting him not to. When the suspect arrived, she requested that he leave, to which he allegedly responded “I’m not going anywhere tonight,” before grabbing her arm and then choking her. Following the alleged assault, the woman said the suspect went to bed and then left again the next morning at approximately 6 a.m. When she woke up the next morning, the woman told deputies she found her wallet to be missing. The wallet reportedly contained around $15 in cash and her social security card. A report was filed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.