Addison FD stops fire from claiming Kingsbury head of school’s house

On Monday morning, Addison Twp. firefighters battled a house fire at 4931 Hosner Rd., which is part of the

Addison Fire Lt. Ben Rice examines the charred remains of the laundry room inside 4931 Hosner Rd. Photo by C.J. Carnacchio.

Kingsbury Country Day School property. An electric space heater, located in the laundry room, is the suspected cause, according to Fire Chief Jerry Morawski.

The fire moved from the laundry room into an adjoining hallway and the kitchen, but was stopped by firefighters before it could spread to the rest of the house. About 2,000 gallons of water was used to extinguish it. Addison was assisted at the scene by Oxford, Metamora and Oakland Twp. firefighters.

Kingsbury Head of School David Poirier lives in the home with his wife and three children. No one was home when the fire started, but it was discovered by Poirier when he returned home to retrieve something. Poirier declined to comment at the scene.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.