After a two-year hiatus due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the 37th Annual Holiday Walk returns to the Flint Cultural Center campus on Dec. 6, from 5:15 to 8 p.m.
This Flint holiday tradition takes place on the 33-acre campus of the Flint Cultural Center and is free to the public. The campus will be transformed into a winter wonderland with new holiday light displays, festive live music, holiday theatre performances, seasonal crafts, free planetarium holiday sampler shows, and photos with Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus and their elves inside the FIM Whiting Auditorium lobby. Santa Claus and City of Flint Mayor Sheldon Neeley will kick off The Holiday Walk at 5:15 p.m. with the annual holiday tree lighting ceremony, located in the lawn space between the Flint Institute of Arts and Longway Planetarium off E. Kearsley Street. Food trucks will also be on site for food purchases.
Here’s a list of activities at these participating organizations:
- The Sloan Museum of Discovery –all four interactive galleries open; Museum Store open; Coffee Beanery Café inside lobby open; Hot Cocoa for purchase
- Longway Planetarium – FREE timed tickets to a sampler of Cosmic Christmas Light Show; tickets available starting at 4:30 p.m. in the E. Kearsley Street tent, first-come, first serve, available one hour prior to each show until the tickets are gone; shows are at 5:30 p.m., 6 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 8 p.m. No late seating.
- FIM Flint School of Performing Arts – musical performances and family activities; photos in the giant Nutcracker rocking chair (line closes at 7:45 p.m.); hot chocolate and cookies; improv games
- Flint Public Library – children’s crafts; refreshments; Punch & Judy puppet show by Amazing Clark 6-7:30 p.m.; Ringspiration Bell Choir at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Flint Institute of Arts – 6 p.m. showing of The Grinch in the FIA Theatre; make-and-take art projects in the Arts School; hot shop demos; CARS 108 live remote
- FIM Flint Repertory Theatre – holiday cabaret in the Elgood Lobby; special treats
- Applewood – carolers; ice carvings; hot cider and cookies
- FIM Whiting Auditorium – 5:30-8 p.m. free photos with Santa (line closes at 7:30 p.m.); live music by El Ballet Folklórico Mariachi Band
- Flint Cultural Center Academy –refreshments; makers fair (items will be available for purchase)
- Kearsley Street – food trucks available for meal purchases
To learn more, visit FlintCultural.org/HolidayWalk.