ADDISON TOWNSHIP BOARD
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
A Public Hearing is scheduled for January 14, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as possible, at the Addison Township Offices, 1440 Rochester Road, Leonard, MI 48367. The purpose of the Public Hearing is to receive public comment on the adoption of the proposed ordinance as described below. The text may be purchased or examined at the Township Clerk’s office at the above address above during regular business hours.
THE TOWNSHIP OF ADDISON ORDAINS: AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND/ADD AN ARTICLE TO THE TOWNSHIP OF ADDISON CODE OF ORDINANCES. THE FOLLOWING ORDINANCE NUMBERED 19-1 SHALL BE ADDED TO THE TOWNSHIP OF ADDISON CODE OF ORDINANCES AND SHALL BE KNOWN AS: “PROHIBITION OF MARIHUANA ESTABLISHMENTS ORDINANCE”
THE TOWNSHIP OF ADDISON ORDAINS: AN ORDINANCE, 19-1, TO AMEND/ADD AN ARTICLE TO THE CODE OF ORDINANCES, FOR THE TOWNSHIP OF ADDISON TO ADOPT AND TO PROVIDE PENALTIES FOR A VIOLATION OF THE SECTION.
THE TOWNSHIP OF ADDISON ORDAINS:
PROHIBITION OF MARIHUANA
An ordinance to provide a title for the ordinance; to define words; to prohibit marihuana establishments within the boundaries of Addison Township pursuant to Initiated Law 1 of 2018, MCL 333.27951 et seq., or as otherwise codified or amended; to provide penalties for violation of this ordinance; to provide for severability; to repeal all ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict therewith; and to provide an effective date.
This ordinance shall be known as and may be cited as the Addison Township Prohibition of Marihuana Establishments Ordinance.
Words used herein shall have the definitions as provided for in Initiated Law 1 of 2018, MCL 333.27951 et seq., specifically at MCL 333.27953, or as otherwise codified or amended.
NO MARIHUANA ESTABLISHMENTS
Addison Township hereby prohibits all marihuana establishments within the boundaries of Addison Township pursuant to Initiated Law 1 of 2018, MCL 333.27951 et seq., specifically at MCL 333.27956, or as otherwise codified or amended.
VIOLATIONS AND PENALTIES
- Any person who disobeys neglects or refuses to comply with any provision of this ordinance or who causes allows or consents to any of the same shall be deemed to be responsible for the violation of this ordinance.
- A violation of this ordinance is a municipal civil infraction, for which the fines shall not be less than $100 nor more than $500, in the discretion of the Court. The foregoing sanctions shall be in addition to the rights of Addison Township to proceed at law or equity with other appropriate and proper remedies. Additionally, the violator shall pay costs which may include all expenses, direct and indirect, which Addison Township incurs in connection with the municipal civil infraction.
- Each day during which any violation continues shall be deemed a separate offense for all purposes set forth herein.
- In addition, Addison Township may seek injunctive relief against persons alleged to be in violation of this ordinance, and such other relief as may be provided by law.
- This ordinance shall be administered and enforced by the Ordinance Enforcement Officer of Addison Township or by such other person(s) as designated by the Addison Township Board from time to time.
The provisions of this ordinance are hereby declared to be severable. If any clause, sentence, word, section or provision is hereafter declared void or unenforceable for any reason by a court of competent jurisdiction, it shall not affect the remainder of such ordinance which shall continue in full force and effect.
All ordinance or parts of ordinances in conflict herewith are hereby repealed.
This ordinance shall take effect 30 days after publication.
Your written comments are welcomed and encouraged and must be received no later than the close of business of the date of the public hearing. You may mail to the address above attention Clerk Pauline Bennett, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to the Clerk at above address or present written comments at the public hearing in person up to the close of the Public Hearing. The Township will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids to individuals with disabilities at the meeting or public hearing. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services shall contact the Clerk allowing sufficient time to accommodate the request for aids or services. 248.628.3317 ext 216
Pauline Bennett, Addison Township Clerk
Publish December 26, 2018
Posted: December 26, 2018